My grandma Ruth makes these every Christmas and they are heavenly. What makes these cookies so great? They are easy and quick. If I ever need a dessert on the fly this is one of my go to recipes.
Grandma Ruth’s Buttercreams
- 3 ¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound dark chocolate, chopped
- Halved pecans
Cream all of the ingredients until light and fluffy.
Chill well for 1 hour.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
Cover baking sheet with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
While the dough is chilling melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
Dip the dough in chocolate, and top with a piece of pecan.
Let set on wax paper and then store.
- Delicious Southern Desserts: Country Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies (southernfood.answers.com)
- The Best Ever Pecan Bars (parkdaily.wordpress.com)
- Easter Cookie Recipes, Easter Sugar Cookies (potterybarnkids.com)
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Brownies with Sel Gris (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Snickerdoodles (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Oatmeal Raisin Butterscotch Cookies (instructables.com)
- Scones easy to conquer and delicious for fall (bangordailynews.com)
- Fluffiest Buttermilk Biscuits (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- A New Dessert For Thanksgiving (foxct.com)