I make this banana bread at least once a month for our family. It makes a great breakfast, dessert, or snack.
Makes one 9 x 5 loaf
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 – 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 325 ° Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
Cream the granulated sugar and unsalted butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk.
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
You can freeze this banana bread as well. Just cut into slices and put into freezer bags and defrost in the fridge.
- Fresh Food Friday: Fat-Free Banana Bread (myhealthyfriend.wordpress.com)
- Banana Breeze Muffins (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Blueberry Banana Bread (beautyfashionfoodblog.wordpress.com)
- Gone Bananas: 7 Ways to Transform Those Brown Ones on Your Counter (myownlittleplayground.com)
- Roasted banana bread (tangmanstyle.wordpress.com)
- Banana Bread (veggloverherbaltraditions.wordpress.com)
- What the Bake Friday! (pnwrunner.com)
- Banana Bread (theaussiechef.wordpress.com)
- Banana Bread (stephanielee22.wordpress.com)