Are you tired of the same old cookies? These chocolate surprise cookies are chocolatey, cinnamony, and full of candy so they will be a sure hit at your next cookie swap, bake sale, or dinner table.
Chocolate Surprise Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookes
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 Hershey Kisses
- 1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Stir in the vanilla.
In another medium sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and ground cinnamon.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
Shape the dough into 24 one inch balls. Flatten each ball with a spatula into a 2 inch round.
Place rounds 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheets.
Place one chocolate candy in the center of each round and wrap the dough all the way around the candy.
Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder. Sprinkle over cookies.
Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container with a slice of bread to keep them fresh.
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Brownies with Sel Gris (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Mocha-Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies (thelassintheapron.com)
- Chocolate pomegranate cookies with mini chocolate chips (sweetswithsara.com)
- Dark Chocolate Cookies with White Choc Chips (createbakemake.com)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (activearmywife.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies: The Way To A Happy Childhood (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Double Chocolate + Rosemary Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free) (silkandspiceblog.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (eunicakes.wordpress.com)