This easy chicken dish goes well over potatoes and is paired nicely with a spinach salad. This traditional Ukrainian dish gets an update with the addition of spices.
Serves 4 – 6
- 1/4 cup margarine (not butter, it will burn)
- 3 pounds of bone in chicken parts
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
Melt margarine in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Add the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes, turning often to brown the chicken on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan.
Add the onion, red green bell pepper, and red bell pepper to the frying pan and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened.
Add the chicken, heavy cream Hungarian paprika, garlic powder, Diamond kosher salt, red pepper flakes, and cracked black peppercorns to the skillet. Stir to make sure everything is combined.
Cover the skillet and simmer gently on medium low heat for 20 -30 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Chicken Curry: Homemade Indian Food Anytime (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe (hip2save.com)
- Chicken for days (surelyjoking.com)
- Baked Gluten Free Chicken Tenders (gladlyglutenfreeblog.com)
- Southwestern Chicken Soup (emilyalwayscooks.com)
- Chicken Cacciatore with Polenta (cakebuttermilk.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Curry Chicken with Red Kidney Bean Brown Rice (butterflypsychyblog.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Pasta (leatherlaceandfindingmyplace.wordpress.com)
- Pennsylvania Pepper Know Your Herbs and Spices (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)