I love serving cranberry mulled wine at Thanksgiving as a nice holiday treat for such a special occasion. Try it at your family celebration and you won’t be disappointed.
Cranberry Mulled Wine
Makes 9 cups
- 8 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 2/3 cup liquid honey
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 whole allspice
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 four inch cinnamon sticks, crushed
Combine dry red wine, cranberry juice, liquid honey, orange slices and lemon juice in a 3.5 quart crock-pot.
In a doubled layer cheesecloth put the allspice, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
Submerge the cheesecloth in the liquid and cook on low for 3 hours.
Remove the cheesecloth and discard along with orange slices.
- Cranberry Mulled Wine (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Mulled Wine (knightanddayevents.com)
- Fall Favorite – Mulled Wine! (sipwinewithlisa.wordpress.com)
- The Most Unique Wine Recipes Around the World: Spain and Hungary Edition (laubry.wordpress.com)
- Glühwein (Mulled Wine) (passportsandpamplemousse.wordpress.com)
- Mulled Wine (the-dandy-life.com)
- Mulled Wine (cheeseacresfarm.wordpress.com)
- Fall Recipes: Andrea Correale’s Mulled Red Wine (friendseat.com)
- Easy Mulled Wine Recipe (food.com)