Tired of the same old, bland, boring soup? Spice things up with this healthy curry cauliflower soup. This is also an excellent vegetarian dish to make anytime.
Curry Cauliflower Soup
Makes 8 cups
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, see recipe below
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Diamond kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan on medium.
Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook 5 – 10 minutes until softened.
Add the curry powder and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Transfer the ingredients to a 3.5 quart slow cooker.
Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, and cauliflower. Stir and cook, covered, on high for 4 -5 hours
Add the cauliflower and yogurt and cook on high for another 45 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- Chicken Curry: Homemade Indian Food Anytime (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- International Recipes – Cauliflower Couscous (tfrnorthcyprus.wordpress.com)
- Sexy Pumpkin Curry Soup! (misswritesalot.com)
- Curry Cauliflower Soup (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Creamy cauliflower sauce (marialivingandlearning.wordpress.com)
- Cauliflower Mashed Pseudo Potatoes (drhyman.com)
- Cauliflower Curry with Walnuts and Shredded Coconut (indiankitchenexperiments.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving Recipe: Whipped Cauliflower with Crème Fraîche – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Curry Powder (mauritianrecipes.wordpress.com)