I am really in the mood for Thanksgiving so I thought I would post this cute recipe I have for pumpkin tartlets. Each one is like a mini-pumpkin pie, which has to be healthier than eating a whole pumpkin pie…at least that is what I tell myself. Unfortunately, I have never known anyone to only eat one pumpkin tartlet.
Makes 3 dozen tartlets
- 500 mL Pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond kosher salt
- 1 cup, unsalted butter, cold, divided into tablespoons
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Diamond kosher salt
- 14 ounce can of pure pumpkin (without spices)
- 11 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
Move rack to the bottom level in your oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine together the pastry flour, brown sugar and Diamond Kosher salt.
Cut in the unsalted butter with a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Drizzle the water over the flour mixture, stirring with a fork until the mixture starts to come together.
Turn out pastry onto a lightly floured work surface. Shape into a slightly flattened disc.
Roll out dough to a 1/8 inch thickness.
Cut 2 1/2 inch circles with a floured cutter.
Line mini-muffin or tartlet pan with cut dough.
For the filling whisk te eggs in a medium bowl until frothy. Add the all-purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and Diamond kosher salt, whisk to combine.
Add the pure pumpkin and the sweetened condensed milk to the egg mixture. Stir until smooth.
Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoon filling in each pastry shell.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Let the tartlets stand in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
Garnish with whipped cream.
- Pumpkin Tartlets (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Creamed Onions (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Fall Pies (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Shrimp Tartlets (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Apple Pear Tartlets (flourandfancy.com)
- Banana Breeze Muffins (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Apple Crisp Bars (remotecontrolproof.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake (gluten-free-zen.com)
- Fluffiest Buttermilk Biscuits (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving 2013: Brûléed Pumpkin Pies (thebittenword.com)