This show stopping dessert is great for impressing the toughest critics. For the best results use premium ice cream or make your own. This dessert goes well with an espresso and good conversation. Enjoy!
Coffee Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate-Espresso Glaze
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups chocolate wafers, crushed
- 4 cups coffee ice cream, softened
- 2/3 granulated sugar
- 1/3 Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.Remove from heat and stir in crushed chocolate wafers.
Press into the bottom and along the sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
Bake for 10 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
Spread coffee flavored ice cream onto crust and then freeze until firm.
Mix all of the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan on medium heat until it begins to boil.
Take the glaze off the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
Spread the glaze over the coffee ice cream and freeze.
To make the Chantilly cream whip together all 3 ingredients until soft peaks form.
Spread over chocolate-espresso glaze and serve immediately.
- Coffee Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate-Espresso Glaze (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Vegan Coffee Ice Cream (bycatriona.wordpress.com)
- Dairy Free Coffee Flavored Ice Cream Recipe (weightloss.answers.com)
- Coffee Toffee Ice Cream (lifefoodhappiness.com)
- Mocha Java Ice Cream Cake Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Chips Ahoy! Mudslide Pie Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Mocha Cupcakes with Espresso-Chocolate Chip Frosting! (kitchensmitten.wordpress.com)
- Sweet Dreams, the movie, opens with special Rwandan coffee ice cream from Blue Marble (scrapbook.lacolombe.com)
- Pumpkin Coffee Chocolate Ice Cream (emmaspaleo.com)