Since Stephen and I both have colds I thought I would post our recipe for chicken stock because I have a feeling I’ll be making a lot of chicken soup this week.
- 1 whole 4 1/2 – 5 pound chicken
- 1 yellow onion chopped into wedges
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 bunch of radishes
- lettuce or cabbage leaves
Cover the chicken with water in a large stock pot.
Bring the water to a boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for 30 minutes.
As the chicken is simmering skim off the impurities.
Add the onion, carrots, celery ribs, radishes and some lettuce/cabbage leaves.
Simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours and add water if needed.
Strain for impurities.
Let cool, uncovered, for an hour and then refrigerate.
- Portuguese Chicken and Kale Soup (wwjme.com)
- Thanksgiving Tricks and Tips: Using Chicken Stock (mygildedbutterfly.com)
- Orange Chicken (kraftrecipes.com)
- Pinto Bean Chicken Soup (teresasfamilykitchen.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Stock (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- slow cooker chicken stock (instructables.com)
- Crockpot Homemade Chicken Stock (sexymoxiemama.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Stock (unspokencures.com)
- Chicken Noodle Soup, Making The Best of Everything (tabithasglutenfreedishes.com)
- Eat like a sumo wrestler: Chankonabe recipe (foodfashfit.com)