Let’s face it, living in Minnesota means that it is very cold for a very long time which means I think about vacationing to Hawaii or some other warm place a lot. Whenever I need to beat the winter cold I whip up a batch of Banana Breeze Muffins which are flavored with Kahlua, coconut, and honey. So next time you need a trip to a tropical island whip up of batch of my Banana Breeze Muffins.
Banana Breeze Muffins
Makes a dozen muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Diamond kosher salt
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 3 large bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cool (not hot)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin pan with coconut oil or line with paper liners. Set aside
In a large bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, espresso powder and kosher salt.
Stir in the shredded coconut.
In another large bowl, whisk together the egg, Kahlua, dark brown sugar and honey.
In medium bowl mash together the bananas and add the coconut milk. Let sit for 2 – 3 minutes.
Add banana mixture to the egg mixture and whisk together.
Whisk in the cool coconut oil.
Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir. Mixing just enough to combine the ingredients.
Fill cups halfway to two-thirds full and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
Let cool in the pan for a few minutes and then serve.
I like to eat with a little more honey and shredded coconut on top.
- Tropical Pineapple Muffins (nourishmentforlivingwell.com)
- Paleo Coconut-Banana Bread (lgdekker.wordpress.com)
- eggless banana chia chocolate chip muffins. (gabbytrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Mini Banana-Maple Pancake Muffins (williams-sonoma.com)
- Banana Muffins (cindyguan.wordpress.com)
- Light and Delicious Low-Fat Banana Muffins (lowfat.answers.com)
- Pumpkin-Cranberry-Chocolate-Coconut Muffins (wareitsmadefromscratch.com)
- Healthy & Sugar-Free Blueberry Banana Muffins (theminimalistpunk.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Muffins to Add to Your Thanksgiving Feast! (robinluthi.com)