These are not the brownies your grandma baked for you as a little kid. These are not sickly sweet, barely chocolatey brownies. These brownies taste like a delicious chocolate bar and are flavored with espresso powder and Sel Gris. These are the brownies you serve to the queen or the brownies you make to treat yourself like a queen. These are over the top rich so make sure to have a glass of milk handy.
Decadent Salted Chocolate Chip Brownies
Makes 16 – 24 brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 pinch Sel Gris or any fine sea salt (buy Sel Gris here: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/french-grey-fine-ground-sea-salt/)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a piece of aluminum foil inside a 9 x 13 baking pan and leave 2 inches of overhang on each side so that the brownies are easy to remove from the pan. Set aside.
Melt chocolate and butter in a small pot set inside a large pot with hot water stir to make smooth and velvety.
Take chocolate out of the water to cool completely.
When the chocolate is cool stir in the granulated sugar and vanilla extract.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
In another medium size bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, espresso powder and Sel Gris.
Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture.
Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth with spatula.
Bake 23 – 28 minutes. When the toothpick comes out clean and the bottom is still moist the brownies are done.
Let brownies cool for 1 hour before lifting them out of the pan by the foil and cutting them.
- Today’s Recipe: Chocolate Brownie Cake (williams-sonoma.com)
- Decadently fudgy chocolate brownies! (simplebakerblog.wordpress.com)
- Dark Chocolate Chip Brownies (visforvegetables.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Surprise Brownies (southernfood.answers.com)
- Christmas Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- My all time favourite chocolate brownie recipe (fortheloveofbake.wordpress.com)
- Birthday Brownies (chefjencowen.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Marmite Brownies (cheetahsinmyshoes.com)
- From Dairy-free Heaven: Banana Brownies (dairyfree.answers.com)