I love to give homemade gifts for holidays because it tells the person that you are giving the gift to that you are thinking of them. Homemade gifts can be personalized, are easy to make and are fun to do. If you are on a tight budget or not these gifts are inexpensive to make and will please a lot of people. So let’s get into the giving spirit and start sharing some love and joy.
Chocolate Covered Raisins or Peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups salted or unsalted peanuts or raisins.
- 16 ounces high quality dark chocolate such as Ghirardelli or Callebaut.
- 1 teaspoon rum, bourbon or sherry optional.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the peanuts (not raisins) on a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
Melt the chocolate in small pot over warm water until smooth and creamy.
Stir in the rum, bourbon or sherry if using.
Spray candy molds with cooking spray.
Put individual raisins or peanuts in the molds, and then pour the chocolate over.
Let cool and then unmold onto wax paper.
Store in an airtight container, or use to decorate ice cream, or wrap up to give away.
- Are You Making Homemade Holiday Gifts? – Reader Survey (thekitchn.com)
- Ghirardelli Launches First-Ever Line of Limited Edition Chocolate with Seasonal Cameos (sacbee.com)
- DIY presents – Make your own homemade holiday gifts (cengagebrain.com)
- 14 Fun DIY Gifts to Make for Everyone on Your Holiday List (inhabitat.com)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Fudge (diethood.com)
- Food Gifts For The Holidays (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Food Gifts For The Holidays (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Learn to create one-of-a-kind decorative, homemade gifts to give for the holidays (kfor.com)
- 3 Easy Ways to Personalize Any Gift (faithfulprovisions.com)