These brownies are mocha, mocha, mocha! These mocha brownies have chopped chocolate covered espresso beans and are topped with a chocolate espresso glaze. Coffee and chocolate lovers will love these brownies so make a whole bunch and pass them around. I’m sure you’ll be the most popular person around! Just make sure not to snack on these beauties before bed time because I doubt you’ll sleep a wink. 🙂
Triple Mocha Brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond kosher salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2 large eggs for fudgy brownies or 3 large eggs for cakey brownies, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate covered espresso beans, chopped, recipe below
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray or butter. Let 2 inches hang over the side of the baking pan. Set aside.
Place a small saucepan in a bath of hot water and melt the chocolate.
When the chocolate is melted stir in the unsalted butter until smooth.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder.
In another small bowl, beat together the sugar, and eggs.
Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
Fold in the flour mixture.
Stir in the espresso beans.
Bake 30 – 35 minutes.
Let brownies cool on a wire rack.
Top with chocolate-espresso glaze, recipe below.
Use a damp spatula and spread over brownies. Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes in the fridge.
Lift brownies out of pan and cut into squares.
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Brownies with Sel Gris (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Glorious Mocha Crunch Cupcakes (cupcakepedia.com)
- Mocha Brownie Torte (girlfriendscoffeehour.com)
- Cuppies ‘n’ Cream Chocolate Brownies (cuppiesncream.wordpress.com)
- fudgey secret agent chocolate brownies [gluten, dairy & sugar free] (shelbyondrusrhn.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Peppermint Bars (thegreatamericanfeast.wordpress.com)
- Aunt Jenny’s Old-Fashioned Christmas Cookies Recipe Book Page 12-13 (mccallumvintagerecipedivas.wordpress.com)